From Mefi Wiki
Revision as of 23:01, 20 January 2012 by Jessamyn
Sometimes the moderators explain something at length in MetaTalk in a way that might be useful to MeFites later on. This page is an attempt to list some of those longer explanations.
- How the "new" feature works
- An expansion of what the "don't ask illegal questions" guideline means.
- Why is friendslinking not okay? How can I tell how close is too close
- How does the anonyme system work? How much stuff gets approved?
- More detail on editorializing
- How mods interpret the flags.
- Using multiple accounts is okay or not? Appropriate use of sock puppets.
- Including people's personal information and/or harm/death threats, even bad people.
- Matt on the improbability of the site being sold and contingency plans.
- What do you mean about not posting people's private email?MeMail/chat?
- Why does AskMe not have minimum participation requirements before a user can post a question?
- Why don't we allow chatfilter questions?
- How to avoid deletions of your posts, if you want to do this sort of thing.
- Why we feel that deleting a comment is not the same as censorship.
- When is a good time to ask an AskMe question? 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, besttime tag
polite mod requests
- less hipster hate
- less FTFY
- fewer US-only video links
- fewer unhelpful AskMe answers
- don't be an utter prick
- stop saying cunt
- don't bitch out people who answered your question for free
- stop posting recipes in active MetaTalk threads
denied pony requests
- making flags visible to non-mods
- AskMe timer countdown til your next question
- notification of people closing their accounts
- Notifications about deleted posts
- last login dates/times of users appearing on profile pages
- negative contact types
- Agree buttons on AskMe
- Best Answer counts or percentages on profile pages
- On ability to collaborate with other users to create a post
- Popular favorites list for comments
- Why did my < (angle brackets) mess up my comment and how can I avoid that using named entities?